2018-2019 Jazz Band
Music Instructor, Jazz Band and Community Wind Band Director
Office: 107 Maze Music Building
Auditions for the 2019-2020 school year will be March 4-9, 2019.
- Audition material for WIND INSTRUMENTS will be the two selections found below with accompaniment, sightreading and the ascending chromatic scale starting on your lowest to your highest note.
- Audition material for RHYTHM INSTRUMENTS will be the two selections found below with accompaniment and sightreading.
Audition material for PERCUSSION will be the Drum Patterns and sightreading.
Click on the following links for the audition material in PDF format:
Right click on the appropriate accompaniment link and save the audio file to your computer to practice with accompaniment.
For more information, please contact:
|Dr. Steven DiBlasi
Office: 113 Maze Music Building
Office: 116 Maze Music Building
Requirements are as follows:
- Two contrasting selections from memory are preferred but not required. Pianists may substitute one selection with a sacred arrangement.
- At least one major and minor scale in four octaves.
- Be prepared to sight read a short selection.
- Students auditioning for a performance scholarship in guitar must prepare the following:
- Two octave major scale in any key
- Two octave minor scale in any key
- One octave harmonic minor scale in any key
- One finger style piece (any style)
- Be prepared to sight read a short melody in first position
- Candidate’s choice piece