Summer Bridge is an academic enrichment program for incoming first-year students at Snead State Community College. The program is designed to enhance the students’ social, critical thinking, and study skills to prepare them for a successful first-year of college.
Summer Bridge courses take place over a two-week session before Snead State Community College classes begin.
Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Attend Summer Bridge
1. Summer Bridge helps you develop the confidence and skills necessary to succeed in college and develop other life skills.
2. Summer Bridge helps you make friends with a diverse group of students, participate in cultural/educational events, and find your way around Snead State Community College.
3. Summer Bridge is a smart investment in your future.
• Research shows that students who participate in Summer Bridge programs are more likely to be successful in college as compared to similar students who do not attend Summer Bridge programs.
4. Summer Bridge is free to all Snead State Community College students that are accepted.
5. As a Summer Bridge student you are also accepted as a participant in the TRiO Student Support Services program. It’s easy to apply for Summer Bridge.
To indicate your interest in Summer Bridge, please do one of the following:
• Call us at (256) 840-4155.
• Stop by Student Support Services located in the Student Union Building (SUB) on the Snead State Community College campus.
Who is eligible for Summer Bridge?
To be eligible for Summer Bridge you must:
1. Be a student who is either low-income, first- generation (neither parent has a four-year degree), or a student who has a documented disability.
2. Have a demonstrated academic need.
3. Be accepted at Snead State Community College.
4. Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
5. Be intent on graduating with a degree from Snead State Community College and transferring to a four year university.
Students complete an application and an interview with TRiO Student Support Services staff and then are selected for the program based on eligibility requirements.