Eligibility for Upward Bound
The TRiO Upward Bound program at Snead State Community College serves 60 high school students from Asbury High School, Boaz High School, Brindle Mountain, DAR High School, and Douglas High School.
In order to be considered for the program you must complete an application and turn in supporting documentation that needs to be submitted along with your completed application. Once we have received and reviewed the completed application, eligible candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Students wishing to participate in the TRiO Upward Bound program must be a US citizen or permanent resident, must have completed the 8th grade, be between the ages of 13 and 19, demonstrate an academic need for the program and be enrolled in high school at either Asbury High School, Boaz High School, Brindle Mountain, DAR High School, or Douglas High School. In addition students must meet at least one of the following criteria:
• Be considered a First Generation student: meaning the students’ parents have not received a Bachelors/4 year degree
• Meet Federal Income Guidelines
The Snead State Community College TRiO Upward Bound program is looking for students who:
• Are committed to attending college.
• Complete assigned work and have good attendance.
• Are committed to attend all scheduled TRiO Upward Bound Events.
• Have no discipline problems on their high school permanent record.