Dual Enrollment/High School

This program is available to qualified high school students who have received approval from their high school to receive both college credit and high school credit.

Download a copy of the Dual Enrollment Student Handbook for more information.

For more information about the 2019 career tech grant, download this handout.


  • Students must meet the entrance requirements of the College.
  • Students seeking enrollment in Dual Enrollment for Dual Credit coursework must have a minimum cumulative (unweighted) high school grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
  • Students must have written approval of the appropriate principal or career and technical education program representative (if applicable) and counselor.
  • Students must be in grade 10, 11, or 12.
  • Snead State Community College has the right to restrict a student’s enrollment on the basis of academic readiness, social maturity, health and safety concerns, course availability, and/or local institutional policy.
  • All dually enrolled students must take a state-approved college placement test, where minimum placement is required, specifically for college-level English, math, or reading courses.  Students in the 10th or 11th grade registering only for career and technical courses may take a state-approved placement test but are not required to do so.  Colleges must ensure that all students take a state-approved college placement test prior to registering for dual enrollment courses in the 12th grade.
  • Dual enrollment students who fail to meet a grade of C or better in all attempted college courses or who withdraw from a course will be suspended from the Dual Enrollment program for a minimum of one term.  The one-term suspension may not be served during the summer.

Items Needed:

*Dual enrollment high school students are admitted on a “conditional” status.  The conditional status remains in effect and an official college transcript cannot be released until the student fulfills the general admission requirements (i.e. diploma from an approved high school, GED, etc.).