Military Students

Welcome U.S. Veterans, Service Members, Spouses, and Dependents!

Snead State Community College is committed to providing veterans with a successful educational experience. Veterans Services is located in the Financial Aid Office in room 106 at the Bevill Center.

Office Hours are Monday through Thursday 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM, and Friday 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM.


For information about the admissions process, please click here or email the Office of Admissions.

Military transcript - In order to have your military transcripts evaluated, you must complete a request from your branch of service to have your transcript sent to: Snead State Community College, Attn: Admissions, PO Box 734, Boaz, AL 35957.
  • Servicemen and Servicewomen who served in the Air Force can request their transcripts here.
  • All Servicemen and Servicewomen who served in all other Military Branches can request their transcripts here

Financial Aid and Veteran Services

Students should contact his/her local Veterans Administration Office in order to determine what benefits he/she is able to receive. You can determine the status of your award or inquire about problems receiving your benefits by contacting the VA at 1-888-442-4551 or at  

Students are also encouraged to apply for Federal Financial Aid by filling out the FAFSA. The Office of Financial Aid is happy to assist you at

To retrieve a copy of your Financial Aid Shopping Sheet, you will need to log in to your MySnead Account and go to the Financial Aid tab. Select “Federal Shopping Sheet,” then choose the aid year you would like to view.

To obtain information about the Alabama GI Dependent Scholarship Program click here or visit your local Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs County Courthouse Representative.  

Office of ADA/Disability Services

The Office of Disability Services works to facilitate access to educational programs and allows equal access for students with disabilities. For more information, please contact

Applying for Benefits

United States Department of Veterans Affairs - Contains information about VA education benefit programs, including the GI Bill®, Tuition Assistance, Veterans Educational Assistance and others.
How to Apply for GI Bill® Benefits -  Electronic online application to apply for GI Bill® benefits.
Federal Student Aid - Electronic online application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
W.A.V.E. - Monthly verifications are to be completed on the last calendar day of the month.

GoArmyED - GoArmyEd is the virtual gateway for all eligible Active Duty, National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers to request Tuition Assistance (TA) online, anytime, anywhere for classroom and distance learning. It allows Soldiers to manage their education records including college classes, testing, on-duty classes and Army Education Counselor support.