Preparation for Success
Career Services can help you PREPARE FOR SUCCESS by helping you begin or polish your RESUME and prepare for INTERVIEWS.
Workshops are offered throughout the year and individual assistance is also available by contacting CareerServices@snead.edu
A helpful tool in creating your resume and helping to fill out job applications. Available in WORD
RESUME SAMPLES & TEMPLATES:
From Career One Stop
- Emphasizes work history — where you worked and when.
- Easy for employers to scan.
- Often used by job seekers with steady work experience in their desired career field.
- Groups work experience and skills by skill areas or job function.
- De-emphasizes lack of experience in a field.
- Useful for first-time job seekers, those reentering the workforce, and career changers
- Combines the knowledge, skills and abilities as highlighted in a functional resume with a shorter, chronological work summary.
- Easily incorporates other experiences, like volunteering or internships.
- Often used by job seekers with a varied employment history, and by career changers
Websites To Consider When Writing a Resume:
44 Resume Writing Tips