Preparation for Success
Career Services can help you PREPARE FOR SUCCESS by helping you begin or polish your RESUME and prepare for INTERVIEWS. SSCC Students have access to KUDER JOURNEY
, a powerful online tool with resume writing and interview prep features, as well as other job search resources. Email CareerServices@snead.edu
if you need an Activation Code to access KUDER JOURNEY
Workshops are offered throughout the year and individual assistance is also available by contacting CareerServices@snead.edu
A helpful tool in creating your resume and helping to fill out job applications. Available in WORD
RESUME SAMPLES & TEMPLATES:
From Career One Stop
- Emphasizes work history — where you worked and when.
- Easy for employers to scan.
- Often used by job seekers with steady work experience in their desired career field.
- Groups work experience and skills by skill areas or job function.
- De-emphasizes lack of experience in a field.
- Useful for first-time job seekers, those reentering the workforce, and career changers
- Combines the knowledge, skills and abilities as highlighted in a functional resume with a shorter, chronological work summary.
- Easily incorporates other experiences, like volunteering or internships.
- Often used by job seekers with a varied employment history, and by career changers
Websites To Consider When Writing a Resume:
44 Resume Writing Tips