Thank you for making Snead State Community College as your college of choice this fall. We’re excited to begin a new academic year and to showcase our opportunities for students, including programs such as Aviation and Horticulture. If you're a current student, a new student or a student attending another college or university who wants to pick up a class or two (aka Transient student), our fall schedule has many classes - on-campus or online - available. Don't see the class you need in the fall schedule? Complete the form below and let us know the class you need. If we can add it to the schedule, we will let you know!

New Students

Welcome to Snead State this fall! We’re here to guide you in preparing to start classes on Aug. 19.

First, make sure all of your admissions paperwork is taken care of. Start here to make sure you've taken all of the steps to be a Snead State student.

Second, review this new student checklist. Make sure you have completed all of the items before registration opens.

Third, register for new student orientation, otherwise known as Parson Days. Parson Days is July 25-30, 2019, and many sessions are available. Register for the day and time that works best for you. Registration for Parson Days opens July 2.

Fourth, register for your fall semester classes. You’ll speak to an advisor at Parson Days who will help you plan your fall semester schedule. Fall registration for first-time students opens July 25. Classes begin Aug. 19 for the full semester and Fall Mini I term and Oct. 14 for the Fall Mini II term.

Transient Students

Students who are attending another college or university can register for a semester at Snead State, and once they complete those classes, they can transfer those credits back, all while enrolled at the current college or university. Those students are called TRANSIENT students. The process for becoming a TRANSIENT student is simple. Just follow these steps:

  1. Apply for Admission as a transient student
  2. Submit a copy of your government-issued photo ID (such as a driver's license) to
  3. Complete and submit the signature/residency form to
  4. Submit a transient letter from the college or university you are attending. The letter should list the classes you are approved to take as a transient student at Snead State Community College this summer.
Once your admission information is processed, you'll be notified, and then you can register for the classes you need.

Returning Students

Returning students are students who have completed 12 credit hours prior to the summer 2018 semester. Start planning for your fall semester now by arranging to speak with an advisor about selecting the right schedule and staying on track to earning your degree. The fall class schedule is already available, and you can also view the academic calendar. Registration for returning students opens July 15. Classes begin Aug. 19 for the full fall semester and the fall Mini I term and Oct. 15 for the fall Mini II term.

Request A Class

Can't find the class you need? Complete the form below, and submit to our Academic Affairs office. Please include your most current contact information. If we can add the class, we'll let you know, so you can plan to register for the class.


Mailing Address*


Suggested Class to Add*